Old 04-06-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
honeypig

bim, thanks so much for posting that link. I wasn't aware it was out there, so I appreciate you including it.

Just the other day I saw an exchange on Nextdoor where someone was whining that they'd seen people out and about when the person who started the thread didn't think they should be. She accused the folks of being selfish, inconsiderate, etc. Several others jumped on and agreed--why can't everyone just stay in their house like they're supposed to? They're endangering others!

Then someone else posted that "home isn't necessarily a safe or healthy place for some people", and that since we really don't KNOW the story, maybe best to not talk bad about what we don't know.

I joined in and said that as far as I knew, you couldn't find an in-person AA or Alanon meeting right now, no matter what. I mentioned that leaving the house might be folks doing everything in their power to either stay safe or stay sober.

Things got very rude, and the thread was eventually taken down. It made me realize again what a really remarkable group of people we have here at SR. Thanks, all.