View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good morning April's
I've just popped in from the April 2018 class to share with you all that I have 2 years sober today. I'm in a very different place in my head to where I was this time 2 years ago and it's a much better place too. I just want you all to know that staying sober isn't easy, especially in these early days but I can promise you all that the longer you stick with it, the easier it gets and that's the truth. Staying sober is the best thing that I've ever done for myself..... and my family.
Just focus on today, take care of yourself as best you can, listen to what your body is telling you, eat as healthily as you can, drink as much water as possible to re-hydrate, rest when you need to and try and fit some exercise in, even if it's only a walk round the block ( at a socially safe distance of course!). When you do get the urge drink, please come and post first.
Gratitude has played a huge part in my sobriety, there is always, always something to be grateful for and if you can't think of anything, just be grateful you woke up this morning.

Much love to all of you.

Stay safe and don't forget to wash your hands. xxxxxx