View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Lines

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
Lettuce is easy. After a while it will go to seed and start tasting bitter. I usually start new seed about 3 weeks apart. I have trouble with tomatoes from seed, they get spindly on me. I think I start too early and they don't get pollinated the first time, at the right time. Have fun with it, I love gardening. I have certain plants that love me and ones I cannot grow for anything. Peppers, they hate me, between warring with the squirrels, struggling plants. 20 some years, I have gotten one pepper, the size of a quarter. I built iron maiden style cages and the effing squirrels still got them. Chives, I have entire beds full, lavendar, maybe 1 plant and he looked like he was struggling today.

Dh and I hot our first bike ride of the year. Little 10kms, kinda sore now lol.
my wife and I plant a garden every year. We plant some seeds but buy a lot of plants already started. We were outside this weekend cleaning up in the yard and talking about planting. Wondering if we will be able to get the plants from the greenhouse? Every year we compete with the wild animals for the food. Even using fencing, they still get in. My wife she takes it all with amusement saying we will just plant more for them. But they dont share! So we end up eating lots of peppers, tomatoes and very little broccoli or squash. They love squash blossoms. But you know, just writing this I'm smiling because it's all about attitude. And gardening is good quality time, productive, creative, relaxing, and fun. Have to find balance in life.