View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
JustTony

Day 6

I still feel pretty awful from stomach cramping and limited food intake but I’m hoping I can feel the first modicum of recovery?

Despite this I did get a few things done yesterday:

I did get Mrs JT to shave my head with clippers all over. I was beginning to look a state because all the barbers are on shutdown in the UK so it’s back to the very short ‘army cut’ all over. It looks ok even on my old head.

I forced myself to walk 7.25 miles yesterday (3.75 in the morning + 3.5 in the afternoon). We’re only supposed to go out once a day in the UK but to be honest I live in the middle of nowhere and see absolutely no one 99% of the time (and if I do we keep well apart around here - like 5 meters at least). There are only a few houses in my village and after that no other villages for miles and miles around. Just fields. I wake today with swollen feet, a blister on my left heel and sore ankles. But I’m pleased I did it as I need to get back my fitness.

Gyms are closed here too so I raided the garage for all my old equipment. I have resistance exercise bands, four 10kg barbell plates with holes to grip them (without a bar), a heavy kettle bell, heavy bag, speedball and a very very light set of dumbbells. I’m pretty sure I can design a full body workout with these and intend to have a 60 minute session today with them. It will be kind of fun to set it all up in the garden and on the patio during a break from my work (I’m working from my office at home at the moment).

Other than that I feel pretty Zen. I can’t change what is going on the World - I can only adapt. I cannot drink again unless I want to die as last time was the worst ever (by far) and it gets worse everytime. Next time would be hospitalisation as an absolute minimum and I can’t stand that both physically, emotionally or mentally.

Stay safe everyone. Stay sober.

Best Regards,

JT