View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
MrWolfie68

Jr...so sorry to hear about your fil. Please pass along my condolences to your husband and family. Hope you two are finding peace. I remember the 21 gun salute at my grandfather's funeral many years ago now. It was one of the most emotionally powerful moments I have ever encountered.

I had to laugh when I saw your recent picture as I just ordered some bandanas as face masks. I figured I'd go for the outlaw cowboy look. I was pretty boring though and just ordered 3 burgundy colored much like the one on the right.

CB...you are sure right about the death of someone close. I went on quite a journey of thought after my mil passed last year. That experience still has a hold on me to some degree. We are glad she did not have to deal with the worry of contracting this virus as her immune system was shot as extensive chemo treatments. Small blessings I suppose.

More and more people have been wearing face masks while out shopping. I will take my wife's word on that as I actually haven't been anywhere besides work and home in over two weeks (and of course plenty of doggie walkies in the neighborhood). This has been seventh heaven for our four legged friends.

We had just short of 15,000 confirmed cases as of yesterday, a majority in "hot spots" closer to the Detroit International airport which I assume was the main route into the area for the virus. Still don't know anyone that has become sick personally, but it has certainly spread to varying degrees as our local weekly paper town paper mentioned 2 local cases about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I will have to catch up on posts later today as I got behind a bit yesterday. Hope everyone is having a good day. I happen to be as it Day 90. I had no doubt I was going to make it this time and still I cannot believe I have reached this milestone as I sit here this morning.

Take care.