View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Coz

I haven't posted for a little while. I'm doing OK. Just over 2 months now. Life is busy and at times and I wonder why I can't just be a normal drinker, but hanging in there (but determination not as strong as previously).

My new job is keeping me busy, but I also feel like I have been thrown in the deep end. COVID has meant a work from home environment with zero support and high expectations. Normally I would love the challenge, but we are on notice for stand downs if there are any further work restrictions. I am really thinking that I will be the first to go and the financial hot will not be great. Escapism through wine is so tempting!

Can't help hoping that bottle shops will be added to the non-essential list of retailers. I'm not sure that I am enjoying life without the booze as much as I was a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully this will pass really soon or I think I am at risk of going backwards.

Hope all in the SR world are OK and coping through these unusual times. Just remember (as I remind myself daily), that drinking is not going to solve the impact of a virus on anyone.