View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TimeNeedsTime

Hello everyone. Im struggling.

Hey guys,

So a quick lowdown. Im six years sober, and havent had a wobble until last week. See part of my mentality while getting sober was the idea of when I could drink. Obviously these ideas were outrageous. Aliens landing, Terminal illness, or the end of the world as we know it. Now I find myself, and as we all have, staring into the end of the world as we know it.

Now i know it might not be that way, but it has knocked me sideways. Its messed with my sobriety. I was soooo close to buying a bottle of vodka a few days back for a just incase scenario.

Do I sound crazy to you guys?

Anyway a little about me. A raging alcoholic for the best part of 30 years. Took me a looong time to hit rock bottom. Give a man a shovel and he will keep on digging.
I was that guy.
Did the whole treatment scene. Outpaitent for a few months then aftercare for a year. Did a lot of acupuncture, and wore out several shoes going to meetings. This also helped me shed 3 stones in weight.

Been lurking here for a while now and with the current crisis, both personal and for us all I thought I would sign up to share with you all and maybe learn some more in the process.

You guys seem to run a great resource here, I hope I can add something to it as a way of saying thankyou.