View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
trailmix

Does he care, who knows. But what do you know about him? You know he has treated you very badly, that's a fact.

You know he is an alcoholic and the bottom line is, deep, deep (deep) down inside might be a very nice person. That has been covered very well by alcohol. He can't even choose to do the right thing now - or when you were with him.

I get it, I really do, but to get back in to any kind of romantic relationship with him would only hurt you. He hasn't changed.

If you haven't started a list yet, I took these from your posts:

Wants to spend time with me on non payday weeks and weekends
Doesn't invite me to things then drunk calls at midnight wanting to come over
Ghosts me when I call him on not treating me right
He owes me money he hasn't tried to pay back but says he will
Addicted to gambling
Addicted to alcohol
asked me to pay his phone bill
makes good money , but gambles and drinks away his paychecks
We were supposed to do something on Valentine's Day , but instead he decided to go to the bar at 11:00 am and was drunk by the time i got off work.
Nothing ever was concrete when I was with him

I'm sure you have 50 things you can add.

I don't say these things to add to your hurt, I know how you are feeling. There is nothing fun or happy about being away from someone you had a relationship with, alcoholic or not. There is self preservation though and really that's the key. No matter what you need to put yourself first here, protect yourself.

Remember when you wrote how much the anxiety lessened etc after you were away from him for a bit. I'm pretty sure that's back now he has texted, you can have a more peaceful life and a happier life by distancing yourself.