View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
nez

Where I live there is "shelter in place" in effect. People are asked to only go out for essential needs. The first few days I thought it was all in my mind that even though there was less traffic on the roads the people that were out were driving way slow, probably like 10 mph under the speed limit when usually they are 10 mph over the speed limit.

With a couple of weeks under my belt being of out and about, I have now come to the conclusion that it is an actual phenomenon.

On way back up the hill today as I was reflecting upon it, I thought that since people are only coming out to take care of essential matters, they are no longer feeling the pressure of all the normal non-essential things that drive us to go-go like crazy.

We are thinking about things that are actually important and not distracted by all the frivolous things that pile up in our craniums. I look at it as a bright spot in these tenuous times and hope it continues, that people will slow down enough to be present in their lives. :~)