Old 03-24-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
BeckoningCat
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Hello Kittens, well, it's eerie here. Cuz we don't have a lot of cases....yet. But everybody is preparing for doomsday with the groceries and the toilet paper and the entire city closing up shop. It's like, we're all in the bomb shelter waiting for the bomb. When will the bomb get here? Today? Next week? Next month? But if we all stay in the shelter, there might not even be a bomb. But then when is it safe to come out of the shelter?
Next to the laundry mat near my house there's a cafe that doubles as a convenience store, it's cute and quaint though overpriced. I stopped in there yesterday for the first time in two days. I didn't buy anything, I just walked around in awe. They turned off the lights (there are big windows) and opened their beer coolers (the fridges were turned off on that side of the store) "to save power." They moved all of their convenience items (bananas, chips, toilet paper, pasta) to the tables where people usually sit in the cafe to pull the merchandise away from the wall so people wouldn't crowd together. The clerk seemed more tense than usual. There were literally two customers in there, one of whom seemed to be a lost elderly man. I felt the zombie apocalypse vibes, just two days after having been in there.

The grocery store was more "normal." There were less people spaced apart, but still shoppers. There were temporary hand washing sinks set up and all the cashiers were wearing gloves, but otherwise it seemed the same, like a slow weekday afternoon.

I still wiped everything down when I got home.