View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:30 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Numblady

Grateful for some time yesterday with my daughter where we sorted through most of the markers, pens and crayons in the house to see which pens and markers work. She then added this task to our shared to-do list just so we could cross it off and then bounded around the house with exuberance from crossing it off.
Grateful for a conversation with my son even if it was kind of hard, where I told him I was sorry for not always knowing the best way to be a good mom (this is part of therapy and the book I’m reading though I’m sure I’m doing it not right) and he said, “It’s okay you’re not around that much. When you’re here it’s better.” I said well I’m also just sorry for the times I get frustrated at you and he said, “you’re too light [meaning too lenient]. I mean, it’s not that I want to get in trouble but you know...” It was super sweet.
Grateful to remember that while some of these things in theory could have happened while drinking, in all likelihood they would not.
Grateful to be forcing myself to work out even though I also probably should just get in to work. I’ve been having trouble sleeping and I’m sure a part of it is lack of activity.
Grateful to go overspend money at a local toy store that was doing curbside toy orders.
Grateful for job security and to try and use that to support others in less stable industries.
Grateful for space in the house to separate from one another if needed (and kids let me!).
Grateful for some hot weather on the way.
Grateful to harvest a single cabbage we grew as part of a school project for my daughter.
Grateful for all of you and the fact that even when I’m in a really foul mood I feel at least a little better for having been through here.