Thread: Day 214
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
​​​​​​Been in many situations where I previously would have drank, managed not too so far. With the stress of this corona virus I have thought about it and not did it.

Your right a lot of it is down to our brains and re wiring. I seem to have gotten so lazy since I have stopped, I can't get any motivation to do anything.

I have got it into my head that if I drink it will kill me as I was a heavy drinker thus is not a bad thing.
Tambdy,

The lack or motivation/energy is something I found was mental as well.

When I drank I was so lazy. Being drunk then hungover. Trying to exert myself during those times would cause my heart to race and my bp to spike so hard i could feel the veins flexing in my temples.

But, what I quickly found out, pretty much from day 1 clean is that I had a lot more energy than I felt like I had.

Maybe it was because I was used to never having any energy.

I was so weak when i first quit that I would get light headed bending over to pick up my sock. Doing yard work was limited to about 15 minutes.

But, it was better than when I was drinking.

I have kept on testing my stamina since those early days and obviously i am stronger. I won't go on to tell stories, because it sounds too braggy.

I will just repeat this....My body had way more energy than my brain thought. I only needed to try.

Finally, when I tried to push myself I got a natural high. The same high I got while drinking minus all the slurring, stumbling, and hang overs.

Endorphins, dopamine, and good adrenaline.

Thanks for the therapy. It gave me a little dopamine typing this out.

Love y'all.