Old 03-20-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Niclin, keep checking in here. It is hard and things are crazy for sure. But as Dee says, we will get through it and it will pass even if it takes 18 months. Nothing good can come from drinking and it will just create a big set back. I have faith and hope in humanity, modern medicine, science, and technology. Look at what the world has already been through and we always come away stronger. Experts are working hard at a vaccine and a cure and if we remember historical times, it will all come together. It will just take time and we have to be patient.

I know that things are changing by the minute and since you started this thread a few days ago, many of our States are now under mandatory shelter at home. And now in addition to the illness itself, we are hearing more about the devastating impact to our global economy. I know that I am lucky as I have a job which is considered “essential” at least in my State as does my husband, and there is no current threat we could get laid off, though this could change down the road depending on how this evolves. I know that so many others are losing their jobs now. I do not have any words for this.

I know I am rambling. I suppose it is helping me to vent also. My family has been at home since last Sat. Husband and I are working from home and son is online schooling. What we are doing to deal with isolation - We are each doing a lot of FT with family, friends and coworkers. Zoom has been great for work and son’s school. I heard a comment on the news about the need to physically distance but stay socially connected which we can do online with technology. I’m getting out in nature, running more and going for hikes with family during our breaks. I’m taking advantage of extra time since things have slowed down. Taking mid day naps. Just ordered some plants online and going to work on the garden. Doing some more pebble painting and art. Reading more, playing words with friends more, doing puzzles with my boys, baking more, trying some new restaurants with delivery. I invested in some stocks today, taking advantage of lower prices. I will search for ways to help others too. Perhaps elderly neighbors need help with groceries or other essentials. I’m trying my best not to panic. I am not in control of this but I can still control my choices and behavior.

Stay strong!