Thread: Leaving AA
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
JdA23

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
The majority of Abstinent Folks I meet while out in our RV Trailer, or while at local Dog Parks, are 'simply' Sober. As with me, there is no epic struggle anymore; how I always wanted it. You cannot achieve that which you do not first visualize. Like me, these Folks were - indeed - 'real' Alcoholics. Just as I used to be a 'real' Asthmatic. Now, I'm neither. I went about changing my condition at the Mental Core. So, I'm never surprised when Folks move beyond co-dependent Structure to exist out-and-about in the World freely Sober. I find this a splendid State to exist in.
I appreciate you're input, your vernacular engages me to read through things twice, which is a great thing! I strive for this idea to live in the present, to be sober in the present. Which translates to, as you put it, "Simply Sober". To not be in the present open up anxiety about the past and the future, therefore I will never feel fully sober and confident. I appreciate this forum because it does allow me to enter it on my own time, when I need to expel some thought to like minded folks. I am grateful I found it. Stay healthy, enjoy RV'ing. Thats a dream my wife and I have.