View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Pelagic263

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Hi Pelagic, I am originally from the Lehigh Valley and have read about all the State Stores and Bars closing. Been sober now over 2.5 weeks so it wouldn’t faze me now. I read a story of one women buying 14 bottles of Tito’s, and another couple buying 2 cases of the cheap stuff. Thank god that wasn’t me because those purchases wreak of desperation. That or they are trying to make a small profit, which I doubt.
Thanks for that Bilr44. Ah, the Lehigh velodrome. Very cool. I sucked on the track. Strictly a hillclimber

Told my wife yesterday that if you did bike racing to animals you'd be arrested. Also that I absolutely loved it. Maybe those horses love to run a derby after all.

So, I've decided to drag out my old racing bikes and make a sober go of it. Frankly, they are a little scary. My favorite is what we called a crit bike, a criterium bike. Short and steep as heck. Brutal. I almost had it up on wheels last year, but never got the tires on it. Too drunk. It might have gears I can handle now, not sure. If I can still ride I'll buy a cozy little carbon fiber bike, something soft and cozy. These new bikes have so many gears you could climb the side of a building with them.

Sorry again for the digression. I really would love to live again. Yours in sobriety.