View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tobeornottobe

Hi everyone,

Have been away a few days and I really miss your encouraging words. Since my original post I had one drink and that was last night. Yuk!!! I do have to say that I miss it but then again I don't. Even though it is not even a week I can see some improvement. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. I am starting to have a fun relationship with my daughter, restful sleep. Mind you I slept before but waking up was the pits....I am still trying to find things to do with myself, and sometimes that is hard. I went to the library and picked up a book entitled "Natures road to recovery". It shows you what different supplements to take for stopping an addiction. I am one for trying things, so I think this weekend I will get some of these and try them. Hey what have I got to lose? It covers anxiety, cravings, headaches, etc..There is an herbal pill called, Angelica that claims it induces a distaste for alcohol.
As far as the boyfriend is concerned, when I look back I really started drinking more about 1yr into our relationship and the more we stay apart (remember he does not want a relationship until I get onboard with being sober....as he sits at home and drinks...I know not my problem) anyway the longer we stay apart and the longer I stay sober the less I want to be in that relationship. We are going to get together and talk things over, but I think that is another forum.
So on that note my daughter wants me out in the snow with her. Thanks alot for listening~
Lisa