View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forester

Just thought I'd check in, the thought of this site just came to me out of nowhere.

So it's more than a year living sober now. I've been on holiday (the first time in many years), I've bought a new car, my kids are running circles around me but they seem a lot happier than they did before. So many things are being overcome in so many ways.

I'm not really sure what a lot of the problems were that used to surround me but I can tell that they aren't there anymore. It's quite unusual to watch. It's a different new life that took place of my old one. I haven't thought of alcohol other than when it comes up in conversation or remembering how I used to drink for a good long while now. It just doesn't appear anymore. Thankfully the revulsion of it has gone away, that was a pretty unpleasant thing, it's just nothing now.

I could seriously use some more exercise and social time but life is so insanely busy. My wife's condition continues to deteriorate and that's a reality that is going to continue. I just have to accept that. At least I can be supportive and understanding now. The confusion has passed. I went for a checkup recently and all my blood work and vitals came back great. I'm so grateful to be able have that.

Forrester