View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
equus

Thumbs up I realised today was 4 weeks...

...but I'm cautious of thinking that way now, because I think I have to mentally include the last four months where he's lapsed 4 times - but only 4, only four isolated binges. In that time the sober days and weeks inbetween were no less real than the ones he failed to stay sober - they didn't somehow disappear because he lapsed.

And yet I'm aware it's a month sober now and I'm glad for that - very glad.

I've read how important sober time is, giving chance to think and learn new habits, chance to learn how to deal with old triggers, internal experience that travels everywhere inside. D certainly didn't have the easiest time to do that but for the large part he did. I know christmas and holidays are a big trigger, we're going to see his parents the weekend before christmas - I know that's a big trigger. His new job requires occassional nights away, I know that's a trigger too.

I want to see the value in the positive and I want to keep it through a lapse. This IS about my feelings re him, but of course I have hopes and feelings.

4 weeks is good news but maybe I need a little help to feel that as much as I think it!