Old 12-08-2005, 05:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

Originally Posted by jbm125
Hi Scotty...you did exactly the right thing by telling your doctor the truth. If you didn't and went to work as a drunk your boss would find out sooner or later, probably sooner. If you'll take a little advice, go to the doctor you confessed to and find out if he told whoever he has to report your results to if he shared your substance abuse problem with them. Whether he did or not this is the perfect time to place yourself in a detox/rehab. 1st for yourself and 2nd to get the job. If your employer is understanding you'll be able to take a month or so and get straight. Even if the job you were examined for is gone there will be another one coming along at some point and you don't want to be a drunk when that opportunity presents itself.
Regardless of the job situation get to a detox/rehab center ASAP. If you don't this will happen again, "Opportunity knocked at the door and I answered the phone" HA HA....not very funny is it? You don't need luck, you need the skills you'll get at a rehab center. Those skills will allow you to take that or another job and do well at it, without booze or drugs.
Believe me, I've been there, done that and got the T shirt.
God bless
Thanks for your advice. He has to fill out a form, and he said he wouldn't put it down. However, the test results which he does have to put down might be a problem. He's also going to recommend a clinic for rehab. Should be interesting as I'm sure most of them won't speak English. Guess my Japanese will improve. I go back on Monday to get the test results. The job doesn't start until next April 1st (April fools!), so we'll see what happens. I find out next Wednesday about the contract.

Just on a side note, I see you're from the Poconos. Whereabouts? I'm originally from Bethlehem.