View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SmartRose

I am so sorry to hear this. I understand what you are feeling. I have recently discovered that my husband is using again, too. It feels like a complete betrayal. I have been seeing a therapist, and I'm trying to remember that it is the addiction, and not necessarily him as a person. I am trying to remember not to blame, but to take measures to protect myself and my family. I see that you are in a difficult situation since he is the sole financial provider. I agree with "hopeful4" that maybe you can find a way to start putting money aside, or maybe you have friends and family you can stay with. It will be difficult, but I am learning that those of us who are married to addicts need to do the hard things to protect ourselves and our families. Unfortunately, it sounds like he will continue to use and is not wanting to quit. My therapist said that it can be almost impossible to quit without rehab and probably needing to take other medication for the rest of his life to help with the addiction. She said that opiate addiction can take hold after just 2 weeks of use, and it sounds like your husband has been addicted for years. They learn to hide it. My husband is also a high-functioning addict, and can hide it well. He will not take a urine test for me either.

I hope you can find some help. We are here to talk.