View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChickenLady08

Using again and lying

A few years ago my husband was in treatment for addiction to prescription opiates after he became addicted after surgery. After being lied to for almost 2 years that he was “getting off them” or “tapering” he was unsuccessful and needed to go to outpatient rehab and that seemed to help. Months later he began to drink more instead. Fast forward to me threatening divorce and leaving w my two kids... he got his act together. Or so I thought. It’s been 3 years and just recently I have noticed the pinned pupils, mood swings, and I was suspicious. He claimed his eye drops caused the constricted pupils. So I made him take a test. Well I was stupid and didn’t watch. He just handed me a cup after he came out of the bathroom and it was negative. (I suspect he stored clean pee at some point??) He is crafty like all addicts.
I searched his phone last night while he was asleep in his clothes- after drinking almost a Liter of wine... I saw texts to a coworker to buy pills. I am sick to my stomach. I asked him to take a test this morning while I watched- which he failed. I told him I want to talk after work and I’m expecting him to be honest. He denies it all. Typical addict stuff. My teenage children have noticed he’s been weird lately as well and we leave for vacation Tomorrow!! I’m panicking. Help. How do I proceed? I feel stuck. I am a stay at home mom and he is a high paid exec and holds the money thing over my head if I leave. I’m at a loss.