View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
KissMyTiara

I am 61 years old. When I was 50 my alcoholism was out of control. I left my job. I am CPA for 25+ years. I made good money. I got myself into massive debt (single and paying bills myself). I thought I was too good with my license to work anything beneath me. Well when I went back to work 3 years ago I applied to ANYTHING in my field. I HAD to.... I didn't have a Daddy letting me live with him. Entry level accounting....high school diploma bookkeeping jobs. Yes I was turned down for many things because of my qualifications. But I didn't quit interviewing. I finally found a job in accounting paying half of my previous job. And after 3 years of showing what I can do I run the accounting/finance department. Let your ego go and take what you can get and show them what you can do. Things are not just going to be handed to you. And also.....a negative attitude will get you nowhere. If you don't hear back so what? Lot's of places don't call back. You are SOOO young. Get busy getting that job and be humble.