View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

I try to explain it but having grown up in Connecticut and lived in the South it's difficult. Now up higher the snow stays longer, and my backyard facing North won't melt without my shoveling the cobblestone patio. But these pics were taken an hour ago. My front faces South and melts by 10 or 11. On very cold days I do get out the snow blower. Not today. With temps this week of 65 even the thick snow in the backyard will be gone. My double driveway and all the sidewalks, as well as the front steps and stoop. Most storms I do manually shovel the back before it freezes tonight and Maggie busts her butt going up the steps to go potty. If I Shovel the back now, it will be dry by tonight. Dry climate plus altitude. I also learned to wipe the snow off of the solar panels on the patio lights or they lose their charge and don't work. So from 6" to dry drive and sidewalks by noon or 5, 9 out of 10 times it snows here.

Just to show how stunningly different the weather and snow here can be here from just dawn to noon. The backyard gets little sun so I have to manually shovel it no matter.