View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Mags!
Yep, I don’t do well without a woman’s supervision. Mags, today was sunny and we get little rain here and at 6000 – 7500 feet it is weird weather. It was 55-60° today and we got some outside work done. Then it clouded up and as soon as the sun set it started snowing as the temperature dropped to below freezing. Fluffy snow and already we have five inches. It’s going to snow all night. Mags, you can actually charge a Tesla off a regular outlet, charging all night at 15-20 amps will only give me ~40 miles. But with a 50amp circuit It can go from depleted to full range/charge in a few hours. You just have to add up your max load with every electric turned on at the same time. With our house we have an electric clothes dryer, we replaced the electric range with a new gas range after we had the gas line run to the kitchen, an air conditioner(AC. If we try to draw more than coming in, brown outs occur and electronics and compressors in the refrigerator, A/C, can be/are damaged. The car as I’m setting it up will draw 37 – 50 amps or so. So an expensive upgrade, but necessary for our peace of mind. There is an already built fast Tesla Supercharger network covering all of the North Americas, Canada, The UK, Mainland Europe, and all of Asia. And they’re expanding it still.

Star,
I love all of Cleese’s work too.

Andy,
We have that bright thing all the time here. 3am here and snowing.

Purps,
Glad you liked it.
I took these with my tablet earlier tonight. The pics aren’t grainy, those are the big fluffy snow Flakes coming down. That was earlier. Last evening. It’s 3am and we have 4” – 6” of snow already. These pics are not streaked, that’s snow.