Thread: baby is here
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 12:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
maia1234

ER,
I am so damn proud of you!!! ( Yes we all forget the pain of child birth, so we get pregnant again and have to relive it. But you received a baby from that pain so its a good pain.) We are not so lucky with the pain of addictive relatives. That pain will come flooding in faster then you realize.

Healthy relationships are nearly impossible to have with an addict. Nothing ever changes, we hope, but it doesn't, especially if they are still active. By opening up that door they will be like "roaches" and you will never be able to get rid of them again. I don't mean to insult your family, but sometimes we need to recognize who they really are, and accept them for it, very unhealthy people. Your life has probably been so peaceful over the last year and then add the joy of the baby you want to share your happiness. Not everyone is happy, especially an addict and their enablers. So I am not sure how your joy will carry over to them.

Keep working your boundaries. Word will get back to your family and they might reach out. I would let them know that you just had a baby and trying to get adjusted. You will reach out when you are in a good place and leave it at that. Don't let them suck the joy out of your room like I did for 34 years.

Hugs to you and your precious little blessing!!