View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Abraham

Full time for now but time will tell how long that lasts. They still have to get some work. With this new virus I feel like I will get screwed on work because of that once I finally have a good thing going. I think the layoffs contributed bigtime to my alcoholism. Of course I am the one responsible but I have been off for 9 months a few times. 15 months once. I have been laid off for 4-15 months every year except 2 for the last 15 years. Still grossed 68k for 5 months work(with unemployment and sub pay) in 2019. I get by ok but could be so much better off with a steady job all year every year. All that time home alone with cash was not good for me. I did not spend my time wisely. I was off 8 months this last time and drinking at about 6 am. Toast by 10 or 11 am. I could barely manage to stay up for my wife to get home and eat dinner. Once summer rolled around and I wanted to be able to go out after most folks got home from work and realized I was way to drunk to do that really hit me. That along with a doctor appointment and a court date that I wanted to be sober for helped me decide I needed to quit. Even though I knew that for decades really. Then came SR and they talked me through the rest of the way. I consider myself very lucky.