Itchy
Re-Member

Dee, thanks!
I love your avatar!

Welcome to the Overs Sophie!

Sassy,
Still happy with the car repairs? Sassy kitty has been outfoxed

Mags,
We moved in May, but after a week helping here, I went back to sell our property. We closed on it October 29th, I got here November 1st. Almost six months of separation. Nothing worked for those six months. I’d put dishes in the sink and they’d still be there the next morning! Same with dirty clothes and things I left out on the kitchen island!

Toots,
Happy Natal emergence remembrance day! I watched parts one and two of the Tay bridge rail disaster. What a terrible thing to realize they mixed wax and iron filings, filled and painted flaws in the bridge’s iron structures to hide them. And kept changing the design. But design changes rest with the approving authority. As well inspectors were not afraid as the shortcuts were brazen. A shocking tragedy.

FBL,
Good news on the book! Yeah that shooting was tragic. It kind of points to another issue Purps brought up about lousy supervision. The back story on the racial issue and the long standing feud, well known in his department with another electrician, could have, and would have been dealt with by a supervisor with any conflict resolution training at all, combined with firm leadership. This problem was not new or sudden. Unfortunately in the US today we have examples of lying, bullying, vengefulness, name calling, attacking the livelihood and reputation of folks doing their jobs and telling the truth, at our highest levels. Overt and covert racism is up here these days.

Purp,
Your supervisor, like many sadly, likely got promoted and no training or desire to learn how to be a supervisor, thus he’s a stupidviser.

Welcome Sydneyman!
Yes sobriety is sobering when we remember sobriety as daunting elusive. That sobering only in sober hindsight.

SE,
I’m sorry you can’t sit watch. But today you’re legit. Please take a moment to contemplate Dee’s current avatar. Good luck with your new life IVF! The circle.

Mags,
Good observation! My third leap day sober!

We got our new sofa and love seat, electric recliners with recline, lumbar support, and headrests all adjustable. Ivory leather. But my old shaped to my butt recliner and my SH's are now in the family room with the old TV, on the new Console. So I can go down there if this one doesn't break in enough. But at least now we have seating for more than two. Tomorrow it will be warm until night then it drops and winter mix, snow, sleet, rain all night. Glad we can stay in. But our power gets shut down all day Tuesday because we're having our electrical service upgraded from 100 amps to 200 amps in preparation for our electric car charging. It is forecast to be 50° and sunny with 16% humidity. Monday night we'll just make sure our phones are charged. I hope he can get it all done in one day. Night will be near freezing! Weather here can be 15 one day and near 70 the next in winter! And can drop to the 50s with hail and snow in summer! Login it!