View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
2020vision

Six weeks apart!

I wanted to give an update. It’s been 6 weeks since my alcoholic partner moved out. Other than driving by him once, I have not seen him. The last text was 3 weeks ago. I feel really good about this being it. I was so afraid I’d take him back, but I don’t feel that anymore. I find myself repeating the three Cs a lot. I also remind myself that even if he were in the house with me, I would still feel alone. I still haven’t told many people. People probably know...it’s a small town and he’s a native, but I haven’t been talking. I do know he’s been drinking a lot. It’s heartbreaking that he’s hurting himself, but I know I can’t fix it. His last text said I was the only one he could talk to...I didn’t respond. It was difficult not to respond, but I knew I couldn’t because I would have been sucked back into the miserable cycle. Thank you again for all your support and wisdom. I really think I’ve only been able to do this because of all the insight you provide either on my thread or others. My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling and trying to get out of a bad relationship with an alcoholic. It’s a lot and am hoping the best for all of you.