View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
kenton

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo View Post
Thank you my dear friends. I’m thinking of some things I’d like to share, though they may not make much sense:

I will not drink, as I do not drink and it would only make everything worse. My heart couldn’t feel what it needs to, my mind could not process the same.

There are many sober hands to hold onto, and people in recovery will walk with me and hold me up when I feel weak and lonely.

Things will be very painful for a while, but they have been watching her suffer terribly for the past year. She would want me to find bits of joy and gratitude even now, and go on to be happy. I sat in the early spring sun this afternoon on my west-facing patio and looked everywhere for signs that there is beauty in all of this. I even got a little pink sunburn as I listened to the white-winged dove who are just beginning their annual nesting and incessant, hypnotic singing in my oak trees. I chatted with Suze and other friends and decided I would plant a garden soon. My mother was a fantastic gardener and grew flowers and tomatoplants for me from seed every year. She would want me to continue for her, and I will.

I was thinking about how opposite we are, and how that ended up being just fine. My mother was lively, bossy, spontaneous and artistic, whereas I have more of a quirky dry wit, am more reserved, people-pleasing (!) and practical/analytical. We clashed a lot when I was growing up, but in time she accepted and appreciated me, and I, her. I’m glad I moved closer 8 years ago and we had several healthy years together. There are many blessings that I don’t want to lose sight of in my grief. I must think of how grateful I am for our time.

Thank you so much for listening, it helps me a lot to share.

Love
Xxxx
This is beautiful Vovo. It's wonderful that you are able to feel gratitude at this most upsetting of times. It's wonderful that you are able to sit and reflect and allow each emotion to arrive. You're processing everything in a truly inspirational way. Reading your post, I was reminded of a poem I love.

Peace is This Moment Without Judgment by Dorothy Hunt

Do you think peace requires an end to war?
Or tigers eating only vegetables?
Does peace require an absence from
your boss, your spouse, yourself?...
Do you think peace will come some other place than here?
Some other time than Now?
In some other heart than yours?

Peace is this moment without judgment.
That is all. This moment in the Heart-space
where everything that is is welcome.
Peace is this moment without thinking
that it should be some other way,
that you should be some other thing,
that your life should unfold according to your plans.

Peace is this moment without judgment,
this moment in the heart-space where
everything that is is welcome.

You're so right, Vovo. Drinking would prevent your heart feeling what it needs to and your mind wouldn't process the same. Sobriety and your incredible strength of character is allowing you to find some peace in each moment. Your mother will be feeling such incredible pride. And please remember, we're always here. Whatever emotion your heart is feeling, we're always here. Sending you so much love xxx

Saying a prayer for you today Trees. Hope it goes ok xx

And 1newcreation, hope today is a better day. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx