Old 02-27-2020, 05:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lucinda2

Originally Posted by Mishelli View Post

Can't wait to grow old, alone, sick & broke. It's a right 24/7 party out there for middle aged women W00T.
I know you were being sarcastic Mishelli but it really can be a 24/7 party out there. My husband of over 16yrs left me pretty much out of the blue when I was only a few years younger than you. At the time, I felt much as you have expressed about starting over as a middle-aged woman with nothing. I was fuming and scared, I had given him my best years and he walked out leaving me feeling like a broken-down old nag. I was completely overwhelmed by the prospect of starting out on my own in mid-life.

Boy was I wrong! Within 3 months of his leaving I started to feel and look younger, I made new friends, got out more, started to like myself again, recognised the person looking back at me in the mirror for the first time in years. Yeah, it still hurt but I started to feel hope. From there it just got better and better. I grew happier, healthier, wealthier (I started a business) and was generally having a ball. A few years on I met my current husband who is a thousand times a better, kinder man than my ex. Life is good.

So don't write yourself off just yet.