Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
gypsyspirit

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Hi Saorsie

Well done on making day 5! You've done 14 before, so you might recall that it does get easier in many ways after day 5 but does still require a good plan on how you will deal with cravings, AV callings and the thinking that just one would be OK.

I'm still in my first month, so easy to recall my first week and the struggle it was to not drink. I'm now on day 27 and it is getting easier as time goes on. I spend lots of time reading threads on this forum and post whenever I am feeling like a drink. It is a distraction for a while and the craving often fades, there is so much support so I know I am not alone in the battle, and it helps me formulate my plan through both the amazing success stories and trying to learn from the hiccups others have faced.

I have huge admiration for those with years of sobriety after some serious drinking, and those that relapse but come back stronger and more determined to make drinking a thing of the past.

Your social house will certainly put temptation in your face often, so make sure you have a good plan on how to deal with others drinking around you, particularly in those first months.

Looking forward to hearing that you are on day 6! The best advice is to take it all a day at a time (or an hour or minute if a day is too daunting).
Thanks so much for your encouraging words. And Congratulations on day 27!! I've been on that day before too, just not for a long time.
I am trying to staying busy. Going snowshoeing today, yoga, learning to play guitar... trying to stay present not numb. It's going to be hard because they're's nothing like an ice cold beer on a hot summer's day, or a margarita and a plate of nachos with friends.
I just cannot join the drinking club anymore, I'm tired of sitting around making small talk over cocktails. Such a waste of life. I dont want to miss living life to the fullest.