View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ashley6

Seeking advice on mother

I had been reading online and came across this and hoped to gwt some advice from people who maybe were in the same situation. It's a longgg story but basically my mother is an alcoholic and has been full on the last 15 years. She has a job and drinks when she gets home and all week end really. I have tried reasoning with her etc but obv she just continues. She was very emotionally and physically abusive to me as a child growing up and from that I think I ended up with some self esteem and confidence issues. I am over it all though and I have a family of my own and me and her generally get on fine. The problem is that she is extremely abusive towards my dad. He is being domestically abused. She is insanely jealous of him in his job, accuses him if having affairs, is violent to him and he is at breaking point and terrified ans yet he still carries on to her like normal and brings her tea and looks after her. He is scared of her I get that. She texts and phones me every night telling me how hard it is for her and that dad is a bastard basically (he's not) and I am just so sick of being her emotional sounding wall.I am 9 months pregnant and we had a huge row with her at the weekend and it left me totally drained and stressed. She cannot see any error whatsoever in her behaviour. She is forever the victim when it's actually her that Is making all the problems ans ruining all her relationships. I don't know how to deal with it all. I have brothers who are apathetic. I'm the eldest and the only daughter and my mum woukd prob be closest to me. I don't know how to manage the situation.. I don't wnat to be around her she is toxic and manipulative and pretty hateful. But I feel sorry for my dad and like I need to do something 😔
Any advice really appreciated x