View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Willow00

Hi everyone. And Thankyou for your support

Happy birthday Wolfie and congratulations on 45 days. And thank you for your supportive words.

Thank you too Buttermarsh.

I do think I need to talk through some old childhood abandonment/worthlessness issues that I know continue to plague my adult life. I’m going to see a counsellor again to work through them. Abstinence isn’t enough, I need to work more actively on recovery.

Bacchus this is great!
“It feels like one thing to become sober and another thing to change the world we live in so we don't need to numb ourselves or escape from life anymore. Being sober, making good decisions, building relationships and good habits, seems to be the first steps of changing our world. In my mind anyway.”

Losing Mum & Dad threw me out totally and I still haven’t managed to deal with it. Let alone more grief on top. So I do need to deal with it if I’m going to stay sober.

Well I decided to bring home a scrawny little runt of a rescue kitty from the shelter, because our house was so quiet without our boy constantly meowing about anything and everything. He was such a storyteller and we miss him so much. I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do or not, and our new little man of course won’t replace him, but he is certainly bringing smiles, fun and love back into everyone’s hearts, so I think it was the right thing to do ❤️