View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
anxiousrock
Samantha

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
When I think about yesterday, (which was Friday since I'm typing this on Saturday) I recognize there were 24 hours in the day. From midnight to 6:30 I was sleeping. I worked from 9am until 8:30pm. I went to bed at about 12:30. I was awake for 17 1/2 hours and for about 11 those 17 I was at work.

Back in my drinking days, I can guarantee I would have easily found a way so squeeeeeeze in 3 to 5 hours of drinking - and some of that would have been DURING work.

Another way to look at it is this - If I was to say sobriety and recovery are important to me. If I were to say they're the most important things in my life....... and then I explained that out of the 17 hours I was awake I devoted 13 minutes to my recovery...... Would my actions indicate I was speaking the truth when I said what was most important to me? When I'm honest with myself about what I'm actually doing, that's when I get to see what my REAL priorities are.
okay so yesterday I got up at 730am and went to work until 430pm....at the gym after that and didn’t get home until about 7pm.
At that point I ate a snack because i wasn’t feeling good, had a shower and talked to my fiancé and then was literally in bed asleep at 9pm lol because in recovery you can never have too much sleep.