View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MMD28

Is there really hope?

Been with my alcoholic husband for over 30 years. He thinks his commitment starts and ends at work. He isn't a bad man, but feels a sense of entitlement when it comes to his satisfaction, which is drinking. It is very frustrating and I have to wonder where we are headed. I have tried everything but he sits there and has little to say. His main response is that he isn't hurting anything and likes to drink. He thinks I should allow him to be happy, but he never takes OUR relationship into consideration, although I have said I would leave if I could. I have also reminded him of his health--gout and occasional stabbing in his right side, (liver pain?) His doctor told him he was an alcoholic but hubby says doctor isn't being fair and doesn't know. Our sex life has disappeared, and when he does acknowledge me, he is drinking and I am not interested. Why would I be? I have to think he is being selfish and small minded. This is just not the relationship I had hoped and this is not where I thought we would be all these years later. I know I have few options, which are really none, unless I do leave. He is the most stubborn person and will put drinking over me.