View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Anaya

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post

Also listened to some Ross Rosenberg vids on his take on codependency or self love deficit disorder. I loved how he said the biggest fear of codependent is pathological loneliness, and this can be why we dont speak up, set boundaries and ultimately put up with abusive/bad behaviour and are drawn to narcissists in particular. Often we had one or both narcissistic parents. We were taught to only love ourselves if we made someone else happy (external validation).

The cure he says and I agree is self love abundance. It's a journey, a process and involves relationships where there is mutuality, reciprocity and healthy boundaries. The most important relationship though is with ourselves and healing that block or trauma that causes the codependency in the first place. Then we can realise that being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely. When we realise being alone is better than putting up with abuse, narcissism, addictive behaviours we are on the path.
I picked up on the thread from last year and what I quoted above speaks volumes.

Otherwise, in the same thread -- I agree with Glenjo99 about chipping away at the state of codependency as being an ongoing thing.

Thank you, Glenjo99, for your wisdom and for sharing your experience.