View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
MrWolfie68

Good morning everyone.

So sorry for your losses Willow. You sure have been through a lot in the past year....and also sorry to hear of those working through other rough patches with all the stress. It is great to see everyone remaining strong though and facing life head on.

I remember a simple graph someone posted back in the June '18 class about the success rate of remaining sober gradually climbing in this one to two month time frame and then increasing notably faster once one reaches 90+ days. (Hence, the emphasis on 90 days that comes up from time to time I imagine).

At that time, I grabbed a hold of that idea to power through this period where "life" begins to creep back in one event at a time, thinking that if I could reach 90, things would start settling down. That wasn't enough. Pondering recent posts by you all, I see I probably got complacent in my efforts to learn and build from each new experience (didn't realized just how "new" they were going to be being sober -vs- drinking).

Anyway, I am trying to be more introspective in my approach this time to learn and cope better. Your support and experiences are a big part of that learning process.

Hope that made some sense. The coffee is slow in making it into my veins this morning. Have a great and sober day. That's my plan as I work through day 40.