Thread: 61 Days today
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
RB having to live with alcoholism around you is a steep curve but can be done and gets easier as you get stronger and more “conditioned” to sobriety as your new normal.

What activities can you do in the compound on your own to occupy time so you don’t have to witness / engage so much?

I started teaching myself guitar, working puzzles, reading novels again (so many great classics so cheap or even free on Amazon Kindle) and lately have been polishing chops to get back writing myself—something I trained to do but let financial needs and my own drinking interrupt.

You’re a writer as well, aren’t you?
Hi, Hawk, and thanks for your reply. Writing is what I do, yes, and if it wasn't for that - and my imagination, of course - I would have gone bonkers here long ago. So that's what I do mostly: I stay in my room about twenty hours a day and write and dream... About what I'm going to do with that first million...
I've published two books on Amazon, by the way, and I'm proud to say one of them sold about six thousand copies. I've been procrastinating for a few years now and it's taking a lot of own-ass-kicking to get back into it. If I never stopped with it (writing), I wouldn't be here now, that's for sure.