Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mikoss

I know that when I was 11 days sober when I quit drinking the first time around, I was drinking plenty of fluids. I am now starting back on day 1 of sobriety after a recent relapse but water is essential and nothing is better than water.

Here are some statistics on water from a great book I read about eating healthy and reducing sugar intake and other things.

-Our body is made up of about 70% water

-Lack of water is the number one trigger for daytime fatigue

-Your body loses just as much water when you are asleep as when you are awake

-Your body needs just as much water in cold weather as it does in warm weather

-Research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day can significantly reduce back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers

-Just a mere 2% drop in body water can trigger brain fog and short term memory impedance

-Drinking five glasses of water a day decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and bladder cancer by 50%

Yet 98% of North Americans remain chronically dehydrated despite understanding the importance of drinking more water.

Your body needs a minimum of at least 50 ounces of water per day for every 100 pounds of body weight. So for example a person weighing 150 pounds would therefore need a minimum of at least 2 quarts of water per day, which comes out to a little more than 2 liters of water or 2.2 liters of water to be exact being that 500 ml or half a liter is 16.9 fluid ounces which is 1.05 pints.

Last edited by mikoss; 02-09-2020 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling