Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by quitin2020 View Post
I am finishing up day 11 sober. A few questions.

Yesterday I had the worst cravings I have had to date.
Today was even worse.
Any thoughts as to when I might expect this to start subsiding instead of getting worse?

I am sleeping better and longer than I have in many years, but yet by the late afternoons, I feel so dang fatigued. Just worn out. Is this normal?

I am having to drink huge amounts of water to stay hydrated. Feel dried out all the time. I am wondering if this is related to my recovery, or could it be something else.
By day 11, my cravings were subsiding fast, and easily manageable, but I'm not sure what's normal. Early on, things are all over the map as you're scrambling to grasp the fundamentals. I had lots of questions about what was going on. I had a group to help with those, and even then, mostly I was finding my own way.

I sense you are worried, and there are lots of things to worry about, but I am certain than becoming sober is not one of them. Much of those other worries are red herrings that will never happen, but yes, life will still send you curves and surprises. It's been fun learning how to deal with them. You are headed for a better future.