Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober45

What you are going through is completely normal. I'm on day 37.

"Yesterday I had the worst cravings I have had to date. Today was even worse."
-I'm keeping myself distracted when I'm not reading on SR. I'm either forcing myself to do chores (to create a new clean environment) or I'm binging on TV. I've also been consuming a lot of sugar which has really helped (dark chocolate is the bomb!).
-The cravings is your addictive (subconscious) voice kicking in. It takes time for that to quiet down but at 37 days it's finally starting to happen. The more distracted I am the less opportunity it gets to speak to me.

"I am sleeping better and longer than I have in many years, but yet by the late afternoons, I feel so dang fatigued. Just worn out. Is this normal?"
-Me too. Like others said you're in repair mode and most of that happens when we're sleeping so sleep as much as you can. I sleep so deeply now it takes a long time to wake up in the morning and i'm going for naps straight after work.

"I am having to drink huge amounts of water to stay hydrated. Feel dried out all the time. "
-This actually had my worried because I'm ALWAYS dried out as well. But as I've learned on here it can be a normal part of recovery. Drink lots and lots of water. Gatorade seems like a really good option...might try that.

I'm feeling a lot better than I did on Day 11 so it does get better!