View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
DaisyBelle7

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Thanks, Suze. I've never met anyone as supportive and loving as you. You are a treasure, and SR is lucky to have you here.
Very well stated! I agree 100%!

Sober45, thank you for sharing about your daughter. I love hearing stories like this. It keeps me strong during difficult times.

jr67, I became addicted to that sleep aid. I know which one you’re talking about because I thought since it had the same ingredients as the B allergy med, it would be safe. I started off taking 2 and ended up eventually needing 8 to sleep. My doctor told me that since I took them regularly, I eventually needed them to sleep and that they can cause permanent memory loss. I now take magnesium glycinate to help me sleep and it works well for me. Not saying any of this to scare anyone. I’m sure moderation is key, but I have problems with that.

Willow68, I’m proud of you! It’s so hard when AV is so convincing.

Lixie, I hope you feel better soon. It’s a miserable time of year with viruses.

A very rough day yesterday. I swear my life is usually relatively normal... been having a rough patch. Very long story that ended up with our puppy needing emergency surgery. She’s only 4 mos old and weighs 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg). According to the surgeon, she ingested something that was the consistency and size of sand. He didn’t have to cut her stomach open. He was able to move the substance down and she will “get it out” today after she eats. He said it was very tiny in size - smaller than regular cat litter. We use crystal and pellet cat litter and he said it was much smaller than that. They will look once she passes it to see what it was.

It’s been a rough 2 weeks with my daughter, my ex friend showing up drunk at our house, our puppy, my mom had cataract surgery, and I’m having surgery on Tues. I have a lot of faith in God. Without Him, I would’ve had a nervous breakdown and been drinking again. A bottle of wine was sounding really good last night. Today will be a good day. God does not promise a lack of suffering. He promises to walk with you and give you peace. - Noelle Garcia