View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi from me on day 6 - and again a huge thank you for posting on my thread. It sure makes it less lonely!

Day 5 was OK. Very lazy and unmotivated, but I did manage a bit of gardening. Mostly weeding, but started on my herb garden which now has two herbs in it. I also set up a seed germinating set up to grow some more herbs, veges and flowers.

Best bit about getting through day 5 is that I now feel confident that seizures are off the table and it is just the remaining withdrawal symptoms and cravings to deal with. I am taking a low dose benzo at night time, which I think is why I am so non-motivated and lazy. I'll take them for two more nights then drop them too. Certainly don't need another addiction and would like to wake up less groggy and lazy. They aren't helping me get a good night sleep, which isa shame.

Hubby gets home this arvo, so need to do a trip to the airport (about 45 minutes from here). House is a bit of a shambles, so might need to put an effort into making it look a bit neater this morning around another doctors appointment.

Soupcon - I know he will be supportive. He doesn't ever complain about anything that I do and is very caring. It is me that doesn't want to admit to him that I have a problem and I'm fixing it. I also need to talk to him about all my other medical issues which I have kept to myself given that he was watching his mother die and I didn't need him to worry about me at the same time.
I'll leave it to him to decide if he wants to join me for the rest of February. We still have alcohol in the house, so he can have a drink if he wants. This is my battle and I will need to learn to be OK around people that drink at some point. Biggest issue is the late afternoon routine of sitting on the veranda with a drink and talking about the day (or in the case of today, the last two weeks). I hope that he will join me in a herbal tea or non-alcoholic ginger beer instead, but he has had an emotional couple of weeks and will be happy to be home and relax.

Thanks again to all the SR family that have supported me. I know it is still very early days, but I am doing great - just need to keep it up forever!