View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Cityboy

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Thanks, CB. You probably posted this, but what's your count now? I.e., how many days before you break your 40-year record of 30 days?

Lol despite all the brouhaha about our counts of days, in which I heartily partake, in one sense I agree with those who say it is not about the number of days at all.

If I were to slip today (not in the cards, I think), but if/when I ever do, I hope I would be back here the next day, perhaps at Day 1, but no less happy about being here, and no less looking forward to a future (and present) life in which I am in control of my future (and present), to the extent anyone can be, in a UUU.

Quiz:

Q1. UUU?

A1. Ultimately unknowable universe.

Extra credit:

Q2. Discuss.

Grand prize:

Q3. Disprove the existence of the A1.
On day 23. Knowing me, there is a very good chance that I slipped on the "no alchohol" during that 30 days of doxy, but it gives me a comparison at least.

I've put a lot of thought into at some point trying to ease back into a situation of drinking a little at special events and so forth, like having a mint julep at our friend's house when they have the Kentucky derby party, or just one or two beers after fishing all day, or a glass of wine with dinner when someone gets a bottle. But I think that I've just heard too much testimony here and at the two AA meetings I went to about terrible nasty relapses that started so innocently. The thought of it makes me sick.