Old 02-01-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rsanchez920

24 days sober update! ... And I got a sponsor!

So today makes 24 days sober from alcohol and drugs for me!! I went to a woman's meeting this morning which was really good and afterwards I asked the speaker if she would be my sponsor and she said yes! I related to her story a lot so I'm hoping that this is going to be a good fit. I meet her on Monday for a meeting for coffee and then we're going to do a meeting together.

5/10 more days until i move into the brand new apartment with my son!! We are still living with my friend who is an addict and sociopath so I am holding on by a thread but I have vowed not to drink over it...

I have now started tackling my longest and worst Addiction ever which is food addiction and binge eating. Not quite as deadly as alcohol but def more of a strong hold with me... It is my first day trying to do "abstinence" aka no insane food binges and its rough.... I also have an OA sponsor now as well.

Needless to say, tackling all this is a lot. I am trying out more meditation and prayer as many people lately have been telling me how important the higher power thing is and although I am a believer my beliefs don't fit right in the box with what many people talk about so it's hard for me to relate to the program spiritually and I'm trying to connect in my own kind of way I just don't want to slack on anything that will risk my sobriety.

I know it was long but thanks for listening!! 💙