Old 01-30-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
anotherchance30

Originally Posted by harriet11 View Post
I'm just over 3 months sober and I was a binge drinker on and off - more on than off!
I'm in my 60's now and my drinking got a lot worse than yours. Recently I had my bloods done and everything was ok. I'm very lucky.
I've experienced the itching too after drinking - I'm not a medical person but I assume it's something to do with the liver being overloaded as one of the symptoms of liver disease is itching.

The good thing is that your bloods were normal last year so chances are, they are still normal if you don't drink. I don't know what the severe pain is though, I have no experience of that. I'd get it checked out if I were you - it might just be some sort of indigestion but best to make sure and get it sorted. Try not to feel guilty, but I completely understand, though it's a pointless waste of energy.

hi Harriet
well done on your 3 months! Glad to hear everything came back okay for you. Yeah it’s a weird one with the pain, I convinced myself I had pancreaitis but calmed a little as the pain is subsiding each day. Then google advised me it goes away as the condition gets worse sometimes and I was back at square one. My anxiety is through the roof and even before I was a drinker from a very young age I was forever self diagnosing myself with life threatening Illnesses. Work is distracting me from it most of the time and thankfully I’ve been able to sleep and eat without vomiting so I’m keeping everything crossed my bloods will be ok and I’ll have another chance. Definitely never want to drink again!