Old 01-28-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FarmhouseGal

[QUOTE=Seren;7369887]Well....he can't both be 'done drinking' and 'drinking heavily and daily'.

Seren -
Try telling that to my husband (lol)

AH stated his “I’m done” to me last night in person. I told him good luck I hope that’s true. In reality I cannot “hope” anymore. It’s to hard when you’ve been burned so many times before.

He hasn’t told me how long he’s gone without a drink (can’t be more then 4 days ago) when he was drunk texting me. And I didn’t ask, trying to stay on my side of the street.
In the past I have always let things get to far out of control before I would say anything, if I said anything at all. Due to low self esteem, manipulation, under his thumb etc. etc. I am trying to become more pro active. I also don’t want to jump the gun.

I would agree to talk with my son first, but if AH never tells our son or he fails quickly am I bringing this to light when I don’t need to?

All I keep thinking is seeing my son in tears again when we’ve come so far. I’m pretty sure I would lose what little tolerance I have left for AH. This is really the first speed bump I’ve come too as AH has pretty much stayed “sober” in front of our kids, my hard boundary. Yet, he is drinking and gas lighting me from afar still. Yes I know, I’m working on this...I cannot bring myself to go full NC yet. I just ignore his messages and phone calls at night.

* sorry about the quoting, or reply button. I only have my phone to use and I can’t ever seem to get it to work right.