Old 01-28-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FarmhouseGal

Now AH says he’s done drinking for good BUT...

he refuses to attend even 1 AA meeting, will not seek therapy, has no plan, he won’t even read any literature on alcoholism. And it pains me to say I know he will fail. I know him to well and he’s not in a good place right now. Still drinks daily and heavily. Does that make me a terrible person? Ugh...I know he’s only quacking because I firmed up my boundries and he’s scared we will never get back together (separated for 5 months) He is grasping at straws here. My main concern though is our son. How do I protect him from this? Should I? I will do anything to protect my DS! He’s the main reason I separated from AH, as I was seeing the damage his fathers drinking was having on him. I can’t even deal with this right now. I thought I was in a good place, our son is adjusting well to the separation. I attend Al-Anon, have my families support, me and DS have a great relationship (mamas boy lol) I cannot go backwards.

I know my husband well and he will tell our son he’s done drinking. My son will get his hopes up as he loves his dad and will believe him. So how do I intercept this exchange? Do I tell his dad not to tell our son or do I let it play out? I’m feeling stuck between staying on my side of the street and once again trying to “control” the situation. Anyone been in this situation? I’d love some suggestions...

PS: Our son is almost 15 and the only child still living at home (with me)