Thread: Starting today
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Coz

I do get the message from many, that my plan to taper is unlikely to succeed and that in the interim, I am continuing to damage myself. I respect this, but as many have also said, everyone is different and different tactics and plans are needed depending on the circumstances.
I am doing 'well' sticking to my plan, and I believe it to be the best for me. Today will be three drinks in total, a significant reduction from the 15 or more a day a few days ago.
I think my greatest risk of failure of my plan is giving up hope for a new life due to other medical conditions.
I have found out today that I have a very large cyst and have been referred to a surgeon to have it removed and tested, I have an issue with my bowel and being sent for a colonoscopy, and I have been recalled to the breast screening centre as there was an anomaly in my recent mammogram. It wasn't a 'great news' day for health not associated with my bad drinking behaviour.
There were other matters which were directly related to drinking. Really low on vitamins B1 and B12, so injections tomorrow, and liver scans show that it is fatty - so more detailed scans on the horizon, and my tumour markers are elevated. A bit of a wake-up call that it is time to quit.
I am unable to burden my husband with all my woes at the moment, as he has family issues that are more pressing - hence he is away from home for a while.
Thank you to all that are communicating with me - it means a lot to have people to talk to.