Thread: Starting today
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Long story short, took the 12 steps of AA.

The more servere the problem, the more aggressive the treatment needed in my opinion.

You are probably in a bit deeper than you realize.

Plenty of articles out there on the 4 basic stages and you can have a look for your self and see if you can see yourself at the stage you're at.
I'm very much like Derringer both in the **** my body got to because of my drinking and what I did about it. Anyone who's heard me talk around here a minute has prob heard me say I was extremely ill when I quit. Real talk - I was death's door and you don't want to hear the specifics of what that meant. AND when I quit, it was not the first time I'd been at that point.

I've also got to throw this in - as seriously ill as I was, it wasn't just about getting literally sober or a couple days of withdrawals, even DTs and such. It was a process I viewed as the alcohol and its effects rolling out of my body from head to toe. That meant that getting stabilized, which is the beginning (v "well" which begins to come), was NOT a linear deal.

It won't get better if we postpone the inevitable pain of quitting. PLEASE be completely honest with your doctors and seriously consider this idea of weaning. Wanting you to be safely sober, in a literal sense, so that you can start living in recovery. Please keep up with us!